Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fedora testing update...

Spent a lot of time on Friday trying to get some games to run on Fedora 10. After a while I realized that the ATI driver didn't install properly. So I went ahead with my SBR600 related tasks. Downloaded and compiled NLED using 'make'.

Did a search on SourceForge, but there are thousands of projects, and no direct way to search for one that uses 'autoconf'. So what am I supposed to do?

Funny thing, when I got home I remembered running into the same ATI driver problem on my home pc. Then recalled that SELinux needs to be disabled in order for the driver installer to function normally. I'm very sure that's all I need to do, so on Monday I'll re-install the driver and test some games.

So far I'm pleased with the overall stability of Fedora 10. Firefox crashed once, but on any OS that happens once in a while anyway.

1 comment:

  1. he rahi wanna be friend in actually i like ur blog style just mail me at www.harrymatrixx@gmail.com i'm on waiting

    ReplyDelete